Carers Rights Over Coffee
Whether you are a new carer or have been caring for someone for a while, we believe that it’s important that you understand your rights and are able to access the support that is available to you as soon as you need it.
Know Your Rights, the theme for Carers Rights Day 2021, is about:
- making carers aware of their rights
- letting carers know where to get help and support
- raising awareness of the needs of carers
As unpaid carers you need to know your rights wherever you are in your caring journey: whether you are in the workplace, in a healthcare setting, when interacting with professionals or, at home.
We want to empower carers with information and support, so you can feel confident asking for what you need. We also want carers to know how to challenge things, if their rights are not being met.
To support this national event we are giving carers the opportunity to talk one to one with our Chief Officer, Angela Allison – to have a chat about your caring role, our current services and any support that you need. Meet in your own home or in a local café if you prefer.
We encourage you to book your place asap for these events.
Dates / Times available:
- Thursday 4th November – 10 am / 1 pm / 5 pm
- Thursday 11th November – 10 am / 1 pm / 5pm
- Thursday 18th November – 10 am / 1 pm / 5 pm
- Thursday 25th November – 10 am / 1 pm / 5pm
Book online: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on?q=CARERS%20RIGHTS or call 01942 705959 / email firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a great chance to have your say!!!