Do you need help this winter? Are you struggling to buy food or to pay for household bills?
The Household Support Fund, funded by the Department of Work and Pensions, is designed to provide short-term financial support for people struggling to pay for essentials such as food, heating and water.
To be eligible for the Household Support Fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- You live in the borough of Wigan (if you don’t live in Wigan borough, you must apply to your own local authority)
- Be aged 16 years or more
- Applicants with no recourse to public funds can apply regardless of their immigration status, if there is a genuine care need that does not arise solely from destitution for example if:
– There are community care needs
– They have serious health problems
– There is a risk to a child’s wellbeing.
There is a variety of support available for:
- Payments or vouchers towards Food
- Help towards energy and water payments
- White goods
- Other essential items
- In exceptional circumstances support with housing costs.
If you live in the Wigan area, go to Wigan Household Support Fund or call 01942 705221.
The above website has further information on how to apply for the fund and organisations that can support with your application.
You can apply more than once and multiple awards can be made to the same household if the need is identified.
The scheme will run from 6 October 2021 until 31 March 2022.