State of Caring survey 2023 now live
Carers UK launched the State of Caring Survey this week.
The annual State of Caring survey is the UK’s most comprehensive research into the lives and experience of carers. Last year a record 13,000 carers took part in the survey – the highest number of responses they’ve ever had. This year, we want to reach even more carers.
The State of Caring survey helps us to understand carers’ needs and the challenges they face. With a General Election in Westminster on the horizon, knowing the issues carers face in 2023 couldn’t come at a more important time. Last year they were able to use carers’ responses to:
- Win landmark new rights for two million employees to take up to five days’ unpaid Carer’s Leave.
- Seek improvements to carers’ benefits through the newly established Carer Poverty Coalition.
- Press for carers to be included in cost of living payments, with vital evidence of carers’ financial struggles.
- Show the impact of the backlog in the NHS and make sure carers are not forgotten in NHS and care reforms.
- Respond to government consultations on a range of issues affecting carers.
As the survey is very comprehensive, designed to help Carers UK to really understand carers’ experiences, it is quite long. They hope it will take you about 20-30 minutes. and they very much appreciate you taking the time to complete it.
The survey will close on 3 August and they will be sharing the results later in the year. If you have any questions about the research, please get in touch with their policy team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org