Ticket Source Website (for all other training) https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/wigan-andleigh-carers-centre
Don’t have the time to come along to the Carers Centre? Have you thought of completing an adult distance learning course, either non-accredited or Level 2 accredited which are fully funded? We are able to refer carers to courses provided by external providers which is a great way to gain qualifications and start to build a portfolio at a time that fits around your caring role.
For the following courses at Wigan and Leigh College email:
- Understanding mental health
- Principles of dementia care
- Awareness of autism
- Safe handling of medicines
- Understanding safeguarding and Prevent
Go to promasonline.co.uk to register, click SIGN UP and then please wait for your account to be approved.
Once approved login and you will automatically have access to courses 1,2 and 3.
- Are you a carer? (unlimited places)
- Impacts and challenges (unlimited places)
- Understanding and coping with challenges (unlimited places)
- Self-care (limited to 10 places) If you are enrolling for 4,5,6 and 7 you will need to enter access code WL864265 as the number of places is limited to 10 carers.
- How to create a healthy balance (limited to 10 places)
- Are you stressed? (limited to 10 places)
- How to cope with stress (limited to 10 places)
MAXIMUS Training (Not in education, employment or training)
Email email@example.com to request enrolment application form and zoom invite.
You must be over the age of 19, living in Greater Manchester and not in any form of employment. Online courses:
- Managing your money
- Functional skills – Maths and English
- NCFE Digital Skills level 1 and level 2
MAXIMUS TRAINING (Employed/ Furloughed). Please enrol by contacting Jacqueline: firstname.lastname@example.org), (you need to be working PT/FT, be over the age of 19 and live in Greater Manchester.
- NCFE Level 1 Health and wellbeing
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- NCFE Level 2 Information Guidance and Advice
Wigan Council Carer’s Training Grant
On behalf of Wigan Council, Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre have taken over the administration of Wigan Council Carer’s Training Grant funding.
Who can apply for a training grant?
The grant is available for individual carers that need funds for training, or organisations working with carers that want to supply training for carers. Contact: email@example.com, or telephone her on 01942 705959 to request an individual or group application form and guidance notes plus the next set of deadlines.
All applications need to be submitted to Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre by designated closing dates which will be indicated to you at the time of enquiring. All applicants will be notified of the outcome within two weeks of the closing date unless otherwise stated.